Happy Friday TBP Challengers! Can I just stop for a second and say how amazing you all are. Seriously, you are blowing Davida and me away with your dedication and excitement around this challenge. If you haven’t joined the TBP Community on Facebook- please do so! It’s where most of the action of this challenge is happening.
Since it’s Friday…let’s jump right in. Your about page doesn’t need to be anything extravagant, but it does need to be strategic. This is one of the first pages a new reader or potential client clicks on when they first come to your website. So if you were a new reader, PR person, or brand manager…what sort of information would you want to know about that specific blog/blogger?
Anatomy of an About Page
- Name + Location: Name is a no-brainer, but sometimes location can be overlooked. Share what part of the world your life resides in!
- Photo: Whether it’s a headshot or an action shot of you, readers love to be able to put a face to the words behind your blog.
- Short Bio: In 5-7 sentences, tell us what you’re all about! Give us a little background on who you are and why you’re writing this blog.
- Information on the blog: Give us your elevator pitch! What’s your blog all about? What topics do you write about? Maybe even share a few of your favorite posts!
- Contact Information: Share your e-mail address and link to your media/work with me page if you have one!
About Page Challenge
New Bloggers: Write and format your about page!
Seasoned Bloggers: Spruce things up a bit. ie: take new head shots, share a list of your favorite blog posts, make sure your contact information is correct, etc.
We’ll be taking the weekend off from sharing new challenges, so take the next 2 days to do some more planning and implementation. We’ll see you Monday!